[News] New Users Cope Just Fine with GNU/Linux

An interview with a 'normal' Linux user

,----[ Quote ]
| PBP: So, would you say Linux is harder to use than Windows, the same, or
| easier to use?
|
| D: I guess it's about the same to me really dude. I mean, its not like it's
| rocket science. You just like, click on a button and look for whatever it is
| you want to do. Pretty much the same in both of them as far as I can tell.
| Although, I can say Lavender doesn't get as harsh
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/05/interview-with-normal-linux-user.html

Terminating a Bad Assumption

,----[ Quote ]
| I know a fellow who, in his mid-60's, has been using Windows for about 3
| years, and still had no clue what I meant by "double-click," "drag-and-drop,"
| or "select." He already knew about double-clicking, but didn't know what it
| was called. The notions of "copy-paste" and "clipboard" were totally foreign
| to him. (So is "don't click that blind link," but that is for someone else to
| explain. That battle is already being fought by those who actually have
| something to lose.)

2009: I am now an official Linux Fan!

,----[ Quote ]
| I have tried the beta version of the distro was free but I love it so much
| that I am about to fork out the $19.99 asking price for the final product. I
| think this is a very small price to pay for such a powerful and secure OS.
`----

http://zia.blogspot.com/2009/04/2009-i-am-now-official-linux-fan.html

Linux s'il vous plaît: French Gendarmie say oui to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23763/1143/