Re: [News] Kids LOVE Linux, take to it with no prior Linux experience!

Terry Porter wrote on Wednesday 22 April 2009:

> I recently shipped a Linux PC 6000 miles to a relative.
>
> They have *never* seen Linux before, plus they live so far away that I
> just can't pop over to show them how to use it. The only documentation was
> a small card I taped to the top, showing the account names and passwords
> for her and her children.
>
> It arrived just as the Easter holidays started, meaning that her two
> children, a boy of 6 and a girl of 5 will be home full time for the next
> few weeks.
>
> The machine is a second hand HP530 slim desktop pc ($100aud) with a 2.4Ghz
> Celeron CPU and 512Mb ram running Edubuntu 8.10.

It's been over a week, the family is using their new Edubuntu Linux pc
everyday, and so far, not **ONE** single cry for help!

This a family that have *never* seen Linux before, and the mother has used
Windows for years in her government job.

If a family of total Linux noobs, with zero prior Linux experience can just
use a new Ubuntu box, with no problems at all, isn't that totally at odds
with what the wintrolls here are always claiming ?

Perhaps they claim Linux is 'hard' because they don't want you to try it ?

What if their motivation was purely to make Microsoft money, and they didn't
give a damn how their lies screwed up your computing life ?

What if you discovered that Linux is really easy after you had been conned
into buying the same Windows rubbish for years ?

How would you feel then ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008