Re: [Rival] Why Mono Proponents Show Remnants of "Zealotry"

On Jul 31, 9:35 pm, Megabyte <Megabyte.NoS...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think where you have this wrong is assuming I make the decision
> whether Mono is included or not.  Instead it is those that produce the
> distros that will make that determination and as those doing the work I
> think it is their right.  Calling them fanatics is no different than
> calling you a fanatic for wanting to exclude it.  Just because someone
> has a different view doesn't make them a fanatic.

This is where things go off the rails for me as well. Don't like Mono,
fine. Find yourself a distro without it, there's no shortage--Jo
Shields even made a "Chicken Little" remix of Ubuntu for those who
fear the sky's falling (now, they want him to do it every six months!)

But to _demand_ that Mono be removed from distros like Ubuntu, rather
than, say, running for a seat on the Ubuntu Technical Board (and
nominations were open up until three days ago; I don't see Roy's name
in there) which has the charter to make decisions like that, shows a
lot of ignorance and presumption about how the community does things.
It's a meritocracy, it doesn't value the squeakiest wheel.

And Homer: I really miss the Good Old Days on USENET, when a 14-line
signature would have earned universal scorn and derision. Deservedly
so, I might add.