[News] Web Browsers Beyond Firefox in GNU/Linux

Replacing Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Arora seems to render pages much quicker and it certainly loads quicker.
| There is a sizable decrease in memory footprint â averaging at around 150 Mb.
| Iâve browsed for a few hours with several tabs open and not seen it go over
| 200Mb.
`----

http://blog.lynxworks.eu/20090802/replacing-firefox/

The Firefox Petra trip!

,----[ Quote ]
| So, as the name implies, we the Firefox fans in Jordan (specifically Jordan
| University for Science and Technology) have arranged a nice and humble gift
| for the FOSS society as a whole, and the Firefox community in specific:
|
| A cool trip to one of the world's new seven wonders, The Ancient City of
| Petra!!
`----

http://omarsflosscorner.blogspot.com/2009/08/firefox-petra-trip.html

Firefox Jordan's [Petra Trip/Party]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41022061%40N05/

Recent:

Arora: A light-weight, cross-platform web browser based on WebKit

,----[ Quote ]
| Arora is an open source web browser that uses the same WebKit rendering
| engine found in Safari and Google Chrome. But unlike those browsers, Arora is
| already capable of running on Windows, Linux, and OS X, as well as a few
| other platforms including FreeBSD.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/07/30/arora-a-light-weight-cross-platform-web-browser-based-on-webki/

Arora, a refreshing new Qt/WebKit browser

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kev009.com/wp/2009/02/arora-a-refreshing-new-qtwebkit-browser/