[News] Red Hat Runs Development Initiatives, Awards, and Scholarships

Red Hat takes developer efforts to Malaysia

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has pledged to ensure Malaysia' open source software economy
| continues to grow with the launch of its Open Source Collaborative Innovation
| (OSCI) program in the country.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62056677,00.htm

Red Hat Announces Finalists in Third Annual Innovation Awards

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source
| solutions, today announced the award-winning finalists in its third annual
| Red Hat and JBoss Innovation Awards. The awards are designed to recognize the
| outstanding use, innovation and extension of Red Hat and JBoss solutions by
| Red Hat customers, partners and the open source community. From the
| finalists, one Red Hat Innovator of the Year and one JBoss Innovator of the
| Year will each be selected and announced during the Red Hat Summit and JBoss
| World, co-located this year in Chicago, Sept. 1-4, 2009.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock News/2462377/

The Fedora Project Awards 2009 Scholarship

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project, a Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT) sponsored and
| community-supported open source collaboration, today announced that John
| McLean is the recipient of the 2009 Fedora Scholarship, a program now in its
| second year. The Fedora Scholarship program recognizes college and
| university-bound students across the globe for their contributions to free
| software and the Fedora Project. McLean was selected from an impressive
| applicant pool and plans to attend Duke University this fall and double major
| in computer science and religion.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090805005102&newsLang=en

Recent:

Fedora 12 release name

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 12 release name is:
|
| Â Constantine
|
| The full GPG-signed message from our election coordinator, Nigel Jones, is
| attached. ÂThank you to the community for their suggestions, Josh Boyer and
| the Board for their work on additional diligence searches, and Nigel Jones
| for setting up the voting.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-June/msg00017.html

Fedora 12 to be named Constantine

http://www.h-online.com/open/Fedora-12-to-be-named-Constantine--/news/113630

Try installing F12 Alpha early.

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this posting to the fedora-test-list by Liam, thereâs going to
| be some installation testing for the Fedora 12 (Constantine) Alpha candidate
| next week, on Wednesday July 29. This is a chance to shake out some of the
| new features in the Anaconda installation application that have come in over
| the past couple of months. The more testing we can get on the installer
| early, the more bulletproof we can make it for our final release by the time
| code is frozen in the fall.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2641

Reviewed: Fedora 11