[News] Windows Blue Screen of Death Good for Masquerading Scareware

Scareware package mimics Windows Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Miscreants have developed a scareware package that mimics Windows' infamous
| Blue Screen of Death.
| Prospective marks are presented with a seemingly crashed system, along with a
| text warning that they need to buy "security software" to clean up their
| systems. But the SystemSecurity rogue package on offer has no utility other
| than scamming people out of their money.

Blue Screen of Death Strikes Bird's Nest During Opening Ceremonies Torch

,----[ Quote ]
| Well this is just perfect. At the exact moment Li Ning was rounding the lip
| of the Bird's Nest during the amazing torch-lighting climax, someone snapped
| this photo of our good friend the BSOD nestled amongst the Nest's steel
| twigs. Perhaps an Opening Cermonies IT dude spit out his coffee on the
| machines in the server room when Li took to the sky? Another question is what
| a projection screen is doing inside the Nest at that location, but I think
| the better question is what wasn't going on inside the Nest's roofâdid you
| see that thing during the ceremonies? Lights! Fireworks! LED screens!
| Everything! Anyway, if only one image of this perfectness existed we'd be
| skeptical, but thankfully, someone has grabbed more from a different angle
| that pretty much seal the deal.

Parking with Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows.
| One can't even park anymore without getting the Blue Screen of Death.
| Incidentally, the parking attendant couldn't figure out why I wanted to take
| a picture of the payment machine. For my part, I couldn't figure out why he
| wasn't running a real operating system. :-)

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]