[News] Review of the Latest Damn Small Linux

DSL revisited

,----[ Quote ]
| So thatâs my impression. I will always like DSL, and I admire it for its
| loyalty to outdated machines. But so long as Slitaz can do much the same
| thing, in less space, with fresher software and a cleaner, faster look, I
| will continue to choose it over DSL.
|
| And thatâs what itâs all about: choice.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/dsl-revisited/

Recent:

A Review of Damn Small Linux 4.4.10

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time this week I finally had the pleasure of taking Damn Small
| Linux (hereafter, DSL) for a test drive. One of the companies that I work for
| required an easy, lightweight and quick solution to salvage an older project.
| The owner had approached me and demanded that I, â Get rid of this Compact
| Windows s*** and get this thing up and runningâ accomplishing X, Y and Z. A
| lot of problems had risen as a result of going with Microsoft Windows in the
| first place. The biggest of which was licensing. Being installed in public
| areas, this project/solution was to accomplish 1-2 specific task(s) without
| user interaction and nothing more.
`----

http://blog.hydrasystemsllc.com/2009/02/18/a-review-of-damn-small-linux-4410/

Damn Small indeed.

,----[ Quote ]
| I now have an operation version of Linux on a Pendrive. It might be worth
| noting that the ink in the pen dried up a long time ago. I look at my handy
| little pendrive and smile. Then I look at the pile of notes I wrote while I
| was trying to get it to work. For the moment I will continue to bask in my
| Linux victory and for now I think I will put the notes in my computer room.
`----

http://tangledbits.blogspot.com/2009/02/damn-small-indeed.html

DSL - Damn Small Linux 4.4.10 review

,----[ Quote ]