[News] Linux Mint 7 with KDE Impresses Reviewer

Linux Mint 7 (KDE)

,----[ Quote ]
| Suitable For:         Beginner, intermediate or advanced Linux users. Highly
| recommended for beginners.
| users.
| Rating:       4/5
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/08/06/linux-mint-7-kde/

Recent:

Distro Hoppin`: Linux Mint 7 KDE Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint 7 KDE is a worthy addition to the Linux Mint family and is much,
| much better than the previous KDE release. I still prefer the main GNOME
| version over it, but there's definitely an ascending path going on. Oh, and
| with the 4.3.0 version of KDE just released, I can't wait until Linux Mint 8!
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2009/08/distro-hoppin-linux-mint-7-kde-edition.html

Linux Mint 7 âGloriaâ KDE released!

,----[ Quote ]
| Quick steps:
|
| Â Â * Download the ISO or the torrent.
| Â Â * While itâs downloading look at the overview of the new features and
| Â Â Â make sure to quickly go through the known issues.
| Â Â * After the ISO is downloaded verify the MD5.
| Â Â * Burn the ISO at low speed and enjoy Linux Mint 7 KDE.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=986

Hands on with Mint 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Our verdict: A blessed relief from Ubuntu brown plus the hardware support and
| ease of use, make this a real winner. 9/10.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/hands-mint-7

Linux Mint 7 Gloria â Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I do agree in a controlled environment or for users who donât need
| the âlatest and greatestâ Linux Mint is a great distribution, and I think
| itâs a step above Ubuntu (in both regular user, and enterprise user space).
`----

http://www.benkevan.com/blog/linux-mint-7-gloria-review/

Linux Mint 7 Is Glorious

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint 7 "Gloria" was released a little while ago, so before it became
| too old of news, I thought I'd take a whack at experimenting with it for the
| sake of netbookers everywhere (and for myself, naturally). As I type this on
| gedit after about two weeks' use, let's just say that the system on my EeePC
| 1000 HE is, for the most part, rather glorious-- pun intended. As a bonus, I
| also got Google's Chromium browser to run on it, so keep on reading to find
| the section on that.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/21808/Linux_Mint_7_Is_Glorious

Linux Mint 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint has been one of my favorite distributions and it remains so. I
| happily recommend to anybody looking for a good desktop Linux distribution.
| It comes with a good bit of software by default, has an extremely attractive
| theme and makes multimedia related tasks quite simple for the user.
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/06/24/linux-mint-7-review/

Linux Mint 7 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint's purpose was always to be a very user-friendly, simple, and up to
| date Linux and GNU desktop distribution. Besides being based on Ubuntu 9.04
| Jaunty Jackalope (and early on, really just a variant of Ubuntu with
| integrated media codecs, and Linux 2.6.28, it also incorporated the highly
| popular open source technology of Gnome 2.26, and Xorg 7.4.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-review/linux-mint-7-review

Linux Mint 7 (Gloria)

,----[ Quote ]
| So far everything has been running smoothly with the only minor issue I have
| is that sometimes, things seem to load slowly like Firefox for example. This
| could be attributed to some of the addons so Iâm going to check those by
| eliminating them one by one to see if thereâs a difference.
`----

http://themysticbird.com/2009/06/19/linux-mint-7-gloria/

Linux Mint 7 ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| Here we bring you yet another set of Screen Shots, but this time it is of
| Linux Mint 7 ( Gloria ). Let me start off by saying this... I've been
| using/managing Linux for almost 11 years now and I want a desktop that just
| works.. I am so out of that phase on making things work together ( Unless it
| is programming ). Linux Mint has done that for me, so I really want to say
| THANK YOU to Linux Mint Staff and Users for all the work you guys have done
| and for taking the time to make my life easier.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/linux-mint-7-screenshots.html

Review: Linux Mint 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I'm very impressed with Linux Mint 7. ÂIt's once again outdone
| itself and easily holds the title as one of the best new user distributions
| out there. ÂWhen I first loaded it up, I was worried that they had reached
| their pinnacle and Mint 7 would be their first step down as every distro does
| after a while. ÂSome just sooner than others.
|
| But nope, Mint 7 is still climbing the mountain to bigger, better, greater,
| faster, and more awesome than all of it's predecessors. ÂIt's always
| encouraging to see a distro always getting better, despite how good it was
| before.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/review_linux_mint_7/

Getting to the root of Ubuntu.

,----[ Quote ]
| Well I am one of those who went to Debian after using Ubuntu, Kubuntu to be
| exact. In my case I did a complete reinstall from scratch. Just the other day
| as I was squeezing my personal installation into the latest testing mold it
| struck my mind that if I could do this sort of work easily with aptitude then
| why not try and convert Ubuntu to Debian.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/getting-to-the-root-of-ubuntu-32145

Linux Mint 7 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Clement Lefebvre from the Mint development team has announced the release of
| Linux Mint 7 (code named Gloria). Linux Mint is an Ubuntu-based distribution
| that aims to be user friendly and provide a more complete out-of-the-box
| experience by including support for DVD playback, Java, plug-ins and media
| codecs. The release is based on Ubuntu 9.04 (aka Jaunty Jackalope), the
| 2.6.28 Linux Kernel, X.org 7.4 and GNOME 2.26.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Linux-Mint-7-released--/news/113384

Linux Mint 7 "Gloria" - It Just Keeps Getting Better

,----[ Quote ]
| There are other Mint utilities, such as mintBackup and mintNanny, but the
| bottom line is, if you are looking for a solid Linux distribution, you can't
| do better than Ubuntu, and if you want it to be better packaged and easier to
| use, then Linux Mint is definitely worth a look.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012839o-2000498448b,00.htm

Sooner (Linux Mint 7), Later (Fedora 11) and Now (ooVoo 2.1)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012817o-2000498448b,00.htm