[News] Linux Phones Shipped by T-Mobile, Opera Comes to Android

T-Mobile Android phone ships, garners endorsement

,----[ Quote ]
| The MyTouch 3G (pictured at right) is the first Android phone to ship out of
| the box with the new and much improved Android 1.5 "cupcake" release of the
| Linux/Java mobile platform. T-Mobile has also added its own additional apps
| and UI elements on top of Android, although the additions are not nearly as
| extensive as those offered in the Sense UI made available on HTC's upcoming
| Hero phone.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TMobile-MyTouch-3G-ships/?kc=rss

Android to get Opera Mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera Mini is available for Android now, and the Android browser itself is
| pretty darn good. Opera Mobile is a nice browser, and it works with the Opera
| servers to make mobile browsing lightning fast.
`----

http://jkontherun.com/2009/08/06/android-to-get-opera-mobile/

Recent:

Android vs. webOS

,----[ Quote ]
| So far weâve heard quite a bit of comparisons between the webOS platform and
| OSX (for the iPhone), as well as Android vs. OSX. But so far, comparisons
| between both Android and webOS have been nonexistent. What makes this lack of
| coverage quite interesting is the fact that both operating systems are built
| off similar frameworks and use similar languages for programming. So I think
| itâs only fair that both systems get compared side to side and see who wins.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/07/09/android-vs-webos/

Android port to MIPS completed

,----[ Quote ]