Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gets Junk Patents on XML, OOXML Highly Defective

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft Patents XML Word Processing Documents
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Embrace. Extend. Patent. On Tuesday, Microsoft was granted U.S. Patent
> | No.7,571,169 for its 'invention' of the Word-processing document stored
> | in a single XML file that may be manipulated by applications that
> | understand XML. Presumably developers are protected by Microsoft's
> | 'covenant not to sue', so the biggest question raised by this patent is:
> | How in the world was it granted in light of the 40-year history of
> | document markup languages? Next thing you know, the USPTO will give
> | Microsoft a patent for Providing Emergency Data in XML format. Oops, too
> | late."

So when micoshaft marketing plops, minions and fraudsters
were banging on the ISO table across various
committees and across the globe insulting the intelligence
of every tom dick and harry present at the table,
they were also patenting what they preached as the crap that
should be adopted as an international standard?

They rub salt into the sour cespit of their own making by
not admitting they were seeking patents while they were
forcing everyone to approve micoshaft pat pending crap?

Sheesh! There is never an end to Micoshaft Corporation Crap!!

> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/08/06/2322209
Microsoft-Patents-XML-Word-Processing-Documents?art_pos=1

> 800 pages of defect for OOXML, here it is
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | 800 pages of defect for OOXML, here it is. ISO is such a transparent
> | organisation that they are afraid of the web, and the public light of
> | the blogosphere. Here is the leak for you.
> `----
>
> http://www.noooxml.org/forum
t-174349/800-pages-of-defect-for-ooxml-here-it-is