[News] Rumour: ASUS to Return to GNU/Linux for Sub-notebooks

Rumor: Asus to launch Moblin-powered Eee PC soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus may have pulled its experimental Google Android-powered netbook from
| sight after teasing journalists with it at Computex in June. But that doesnât
| mean the company is sticking to Windows and Xandros Linux. Sascha at
| NetbookNews says a reliable source has told him that Asus will launch a
| netbook with Moblin Linux in October.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2009/08/rumor-asus-to-launch-moblin-powered-eee-pc-soon.html

Recent:

ARM-Based Pegatron Netbook Protoype

,----[ Quote ]
| Pegatron, a spin-off from ASUS, has been showing a Netbook powered an ARM
| processor around. This particular model uses an ARM Cortex-A8 design found in
| a host of gadgets, including the Palm Pre (same design, but not the exact
| same chip). Running at a 1Ghz frequency, it is capable of playing 720p video
| and run basic 3D applications. While Android isn't ready for Netbooks yet,
| this Pegatron runs Ubuntu (Linux) just fine.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/07/arm-based_pegatron_netbook_protoype.html

Researcher: Chrome to boost Atom to ARM switch in netbooks

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218500011