Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 8th of August, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 8th of August, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 09:00:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 814 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     371 1151041     3%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        64   49255    66%
   3. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                40  112790    81%
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         33   56363    22%
   5. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          30   21288    59%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    30   20038    52%
   7. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            24   35655    79%
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   23   69422    14%
   9. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        22   71759    18%
  10. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     21   21106    66%
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          18   18531    75%
  12. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  15   13971    58%
  13. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     11   17858    50%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               11    2717    43%
  15. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   9   15548    44%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        9    8408    63%
  17. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP    8   16670    89%
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>               8   13161    42%
  19. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               6    6147    85%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        6    4917    50%
  21. Vince <vince@xxxxxxx>                              5    6258    92%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       5    7735    59%
  23. philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4    4397    52%
      Jason Locklin <jalockli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>              4    8952    84%
  25. Luke oliver <phxkm6857@xxxxxxxxx>                  3    7638    24%
      Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           3    3527    84%
  27. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                    2    1424     1%
      Walter Bushell <proto@xxxxxxxxx>                   2    1722    76%
      Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                          2    1680    67%
      bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  2    2896    76%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. GNU/Linux and Free Software coverage in print maga       35   60272
   2. [News]"Freetard" file-sharer refuses donations!          24   38255
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Thinks it Can Raise the P       24   16224
   4. Another tragic case of COLA amnesia                      22   19349
      Where are Microsoft's 20,000 lines of "cancer"?          22   25333
   6. [News] An Explanation of Free Software Economics         21   55996
   7. Well, I'll be dipped...                                  19   18962
   8. This Person Has a LOT of Wisdom Concerning Linux a       18   16234
      (Linux based) Twitter.com suffers global outage          18   29560
  10. Well, darn...                                            15   16584
  11. CentOS will continue                                     11   15100
      [News] Top Ten Enhancements for OpenOffice.org (Li       11   11384
      Timmy flaunts his dishonesty                             11   10466
  14. UK Pentagon hacker loses appeal, will be sent to U        9   16425
      The Value of Linux Job Skills Rises 50%                   9    5925
  16. [News] [Rival] Massive Vista 7 Bug (RTM) Could Del        8   21769
      Nomination for the first COLA "I Am Totally Perfec        8    5040
      Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from        8    7997
      [OT] How NOT to explain HTML entity encoding              8    9532
  20. Is it just me...                                          7    3215
      porting Qt to S60 (Nokia's smartphone platform ato        7    6605
      [News] Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux Called "Perhaps the M        7   12055
      The latest COLA "outings" - compiling                     7    9157
      Beware of fake micoshaft sponsored posters                7   31458
  25. Insecure "Mozilla store" (Linux) forced to shut do        6    4698
      [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Brings Amiga Back                 6    5327
  27. [News] OpenOffice.org Struts Its New Interface Pro        5    5848
      [News] Benchmark: Vista 7 is Fat, GNU/Linux is Lig        5   10877
      [News] Linux Mint 7 with KDE Impresses Reviewer           5   11273
      [News] All Members of the European Union Now Requi        5    5553
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     42
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        27
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       22
   4. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         20
   5. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               16
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   13
   7. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    11
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              11
   9. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     8
  10. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  7
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        7
      Jason Locklin <jalockli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                             7
  13. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            4
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      4
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     4
  17. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       3
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      3
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       3
  20. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           2
      TheLostPacket <jmthelostpacket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    2
      nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                   2
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              2
      Tim Murray - CSMA Refugee                                         2
      bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              2
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              2
  29. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  1
      Andrzej Libiszewski <a.libiszewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    156
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          75
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       74
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        69
   5. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       68
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 66
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             66
   9. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              64
  10. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      63
  11. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    62
  12. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    61
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         61
  14. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 60
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           60
      Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               60
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
  19. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             54
  20. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     44
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           418
   2. Thunderbird                                                     146
   3. slrn                                                             93
   4. Pan                                                              41
   5. Forte Agent                                                      30
      tin                                                              30
   7. XPN                                                              20
   8. 40tude_Dialog                                                    12
   9. G2/1.0                                                           11
  10. Mozilla                                                           5
      Microhard Lookout                                                 5
  12. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    4
  13. Hogwasher/4.3                                                     2
  14. Gnus                                                              1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:20 up 71 days, 12:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.10, 0.03