[News] Elonex Onet+ Sub-notebook Runs Only GNU/Linux

Elonex Onet+

,----[ Quote ]
| As you might expect, the Elonex Onet+ uses Linux, but its Debian distro has
| been crafted specifically for this processor.
`----

http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/200908061387/elonex-onet+.html

New Interface for Ubuntu Netbook Remix

,----[ Quote ]
| After Updating my Dell Mini 9 to the alpha 3 release of Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic
| Koala last night and running all the updates, I was treated to a completely
| new UI for netbook-launcher. It's still unstable, but personally I think its
| an improvement to the last version which is high praise considering I think
| the current UI of the Netbook Remix in 9.04 is the most usable netbook
| interface on the market today.
`----

http://www.andrewmlawrence.com/node/9

Recent:

Hardware Review: Elonex Webbook with Ubuntu 8.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I really like this little machine and in a way it's opened my eyes as
| to why the world seems to be going potty for netbooks. I was worried that it
| wouldn't be fast enough or wouldn't be big enough but it works well. So
| you're not going to be rendering any large Blender projects on it or running
| lots of virtual machines but for web surfing, email, multimedia and word
| processing this can do the job.
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2008/09/hardware-review-elonex-webbook-with.html

Ubuntu & webbook now available online at CPW

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news!
|
| When we first announced the Elonex webbook, you could only get the Ubuntu
| version by visiting one of Carphone Warehouseâs bricks-and-mortar shops.
| Online they only had the old XP version listed.
|
| Today that has changed. Now you can order a webbook, with Ubuntu
| pre-installed without having to go out at all!
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/08/08/ubuntu-webbook-now-available-online-at-cpw/

Elonex Webbook notebook review

,----[ Quote ]
| With consumers snapping up netbooks faster than companies can make them, what
| makes Elonex think it has the solution with the Webbook? We took a closer
| look to find out.
|
| Available from Carphone Warehouse the Elonex Webbook offers a 10.2-inch
| screen, 1.6GHz VIA C7-M processor, comes with an almost full-sized keyboard
| and measures 252 x 183 x 31.8mm.
`----

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/reviews/review.phtml/3346/4370/elonex-webbook-notebook-netbook-review.phtml
http://tinyurl.com/6fok5k

Say hello to the webbook

,----[ Quote ]
| The really cool thing about the webbook is the software. The webbok comes
| pre-loaded with Ubuntu 8.04.1 and some new software written especially for
| this application that delivers broadband connectivity over 3G Mobile
| networks.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/07/24/say-hello/

Desperate demand for the Elonex webbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Â Â =========================================
| Â Â Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008
| Â Â From: alan c
| Â Â To: British Ubuntu Talk
|
| Â Â Subject: [ubuntu-uk] Desperately seeking Ubuntu Webbook - with Bolt
| Â Â Cutters!
|
| Â Â In Bracknell, the Carphone Warehouse Webbook (Elonex) with preinstalled
| Â Â Ubuntu which is included in one of CPWâs deals is in such extraordinary
| Â Â demand that the recent display item in CPW Bracknell Princess Square
| Â Â shopping mall was stolen last week by desperate people using *bolt
| Â Â cutters*!
|
| Â Â The many larger laptops with Vista installed were left untouched. Sad eh?
| Â Â Even thieves donât want Vista.
|
| Â Â The Webbook was secured using a kensington similar stranded wire lock, so
| Â Â I guess the culprits even had some angle grinding to do later, to remove
| Â Â the lock itself.
|
| Â Â The desperate act took place in a normal shopping day in broad daylight,
| Â Â and the miscreants were seen making off at speed, unencumbered by
| Â Â antivirus or other unnecessary items which might have slowed them down!
|
| Â Â Like most shopping malls, there is security video in operation, I trust
| Â Â that it will be put to good use.
| Â Â =========================================
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/08/26/desperate-demand-for-the-elonex-webbook/

Related:

Elonex One Sighted

| So now there's a Web site with some details.
|
| Also worth taking a look at is this BBC video.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/03/elonex-one-sighted.html

Elonex ONE Laptop Review by OLPC News

,----[ Quote ]
| I was in Birmingham today for my nephew's first birthday, just after lunch I
| nipped out to visit the Education Show which was running on the other side of
| town in the National Exhibition Centre. Â
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/competition/elonex_one_laptop_review.html

The Â99 laptop: how can it be so cheap?

,----[ Quote ]