[News] Multimedia Applications Tangerine and VideoLAN/VLC - Release and Review

I know you feel lied to from those other resurrections, but I swear this one is
real. Announcing Tangerine 0.3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Tangerine is a sharing program for your music. Tangerine allows you to share
| your media with people nearby over the DAAP protocol. Tangerine hooks into
| your media player, or watches your file system to share your collection, with
| the tags and info youâve given it. Your media- shared.
`----

http://www.lamalex.net/2009/08/i-know-you-feel-lied-to-from-those-other-resurrections-but-i-swear-this-one-is-real-announcing-tangerine-0-3-1/

Music Player Review: VideoLAN - VLC Media Player

,----[ Quote ]
| Some more awesome VLC capabilities:
|
|     * Shoutcast audio/video - Under Playlist -> Additional Sources
|     * Streaming video from one source to another (or to a file)
|     * Viewing your webcam (and streaming it elsewhere)
|     * Playing DVDs
|     * Playing practically any video/audio file
`----

http://gquigs.blogspot.com/2009/08/music-player-review-videolan-vlc-media.html

Recent:

Music Player Review: qmmp vs audacious

,----[ Quote ]
| So Audacious "wins" cause they have more plug-ins, options, and skins by
| default. Also they have a voice removal pluging (a little bit buggy) but
| quite awesome if you want to get some karaoke going. I will definitely be
| looking for that feature in more music players. (Neither is continuing in my
| review, as they are competiting more with each other, than the others)
`----

http://gquigs.blogspot.com/2009/07/music-player-review-qmmp-vs-audacious.html

Replacing iTunes: a Songbird Review

,----[ Quote ]