[News] Sub-notebooks with Charity Killer's Chipset and GNU/Linux Improve

ARM netbook conscripting Moblin technology?

,----[ Quote ]
| Moblin technology may see use in ARM-based netbooks. In announcing its newly
| shipping touchscreen-equipped "Touchbook," Start-up Always Innovating said
| that "over time, in 2009," it will support "interesting projects such as
| Moblin."
`----

http://moblinzone.com/blog/343/37/ARM_netbook_conscripting_Moblin_technology?

Review Update: Moblin 2.0 keeps getting better

,----[ Quote ]
| Moblin is proving itself to be a welcomed âthird additionâ into the operating
| system cadre, being comprised today of Windows, regular Linux and now Moblin
| Linux. Its GNOME-derived GUI has taken on a feel of its own, one which (in my
| opinion) separates itself sufficiently from the traditional GUIs out there to
| be in a class all by itself.
`----

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/review-update-moblin-20-keeps-getting-better-2009086/

Recent:

Intel quietly boosting its software in bid to get chips into smartphones

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel, which has long downplayed its big software-development team, is now
| coming out with a speedy Linux-based operating system â in direct competition
| to longtime partner Microsoft â in order to break into the smartphone-chip
| market.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2009284455_btintelsoftware01.html

Atomic Warfare

,----[ Quote ]
| And with Netbooks retailing under $400, compared to Microsoft Intel makes
| hardly any profit at all. ÂSo Microsoft has to die.
|
| This is a huge change for Intel, which has for decades acted as Microsoftâs
| bitch, doing pretty much whatever Redmond demanded for fear of being
| written-out of the next Windows PC hardware spec in favor of AMD or even IBM.
| But that was the old Microsoft. ÂThe Microsoft of today isnât nearly as
| powerful, whether they yet know it or not.
`----

http://www.cringely.com/2009/06/atomic-warfare/

Analysis: Intel rides Wind River beyond the PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel Corp.'s acquisition of Wind River Systems Inc. is another indicator of
| the sea change occurring inside the world's biggest semiconductor makerâalong
| with the rise of Linux across all markets.
|
| The x86 giant is expanding beyond big custom processors for its core desktop
| PC market and into a variety of system-on-chip (SoC) designs targeting a wide
| range of mobile, consumer and embedded markets. The industry-wide shift to
| multicore processors is also driving a need for a whole new set of parallel
| software tools.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/semi/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217701836

Intel buys Wind River: the End of the Wintel Duopoly?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2246&blogid=14