[News] [News] Windows Mobile on the Road to Nowhere

Microsoft's Windows Mobile: Time to Hang Up?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are better ways for Microsoft to make money from smartphones than to
| keep investing in a mobile operating system that's losing share and relevance
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2009/tc2009087_110164.htm?chan=technology_technology+index+page_software

Linux is gaining at Windows' expense.

Recent:

Is Googleâs Android Killing Windows Mobile?

,----[ Quote ]
| I wonder if it will be too late for the company to make a comeback, similar
| to Zune struggling to playsanjay Âcatch-up with the iPod. So while there is a
| lot of focus on Apple v Google, the real battle is actually between Microsoft
| Windows Mobile and Google Android. It looks like Google has drawn its first
| blood.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/07/30/is-googles-android-killing-windows-mobile/

Motorola disses Windows Mobile: Android "more competitive"

,----[ Quote ]
| Handset maker Motorola has revealed plans to scale back its commitment to
| Windows Mobile as it continues to increase its investment in Google's open
| source Android mobile platform.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2009/02/motorola-says-android-more-competitive-than-windows-mobile.ars

Motorola pushes ahead with Android phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Jha praised Android, noting that 3,000 applications have already been
| developed for it. Motorola will focus on integrating messaging and social
| networking with the Android devices, he said, and will offer a range of
| devices in the high- and mid-tier price ranges. "We are probably investing as
| much as anybody on the Android platform," he added.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/article/301565/motorola_pushes_ahead_android_phones?rid=-50

Motorola Pledges Cheaper Android Phones

,----[ Quote ]