Re: [News] More Rumours About ASUS EEE Going Back to GNU/Linux on Sub-notebooks

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:48:52 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <h5qrk8$1ap$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Can you provide examples which corroborate your allegations of
>>> Tim Smith stalking you?
>>
>> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 03:43:55 +0000
>> From Discussion: Qualcomm wins in Nokia patents case
>>
>> [quote]
>>>
>>> Really, Tim, aren't you kind of bending low to reply here?
>>
>> It's best to ignore him. You're giving him attention, which is
>> exactly what he wants. He's obviously lonely if he's going
>> systemically through thousands of someone's comments in Digg and
>> moderate them.
>> [/quote]
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/78cd2784e3e68935
>
> Since I didn't go systematically through thousands of his comments, you
> fail as usual.
>
> Roy had this theory at the time that the reason his comments usually
> went negative was because there was a bunch of people being paid to
> spend all their time digging him down. What that theory was not able to
> explain was how come the more popular the story that his comment was on,
> the lower the score of the comment. That is, if he commented on an
> obscure story that would only be read by a few people, his comments
> typically went down to -2 or -3. If one of those stories made the front
> page, so that many more people would see it, his comments would get
> moderated down much much lower.
>
> Unless Microsoft has managed to get to most of the Digg population, the
> big moderation down on the popular stores is a true representation of
> what the Digg community thought of the quality of Roy's comments. Given
> that, the expected outcome is that on the stories that don't make the
> front page, his comments will be moderated down, but only go slightly
> negative. And guess what, that's what we observe.
>
> Anyway, to test the part of Roy's claim that said it would take someone
> a lot of time to moderate all his comments (a key part of his argument
> that anyone doing so--if they existed, which he had not shown--must be
> paid, because no one would have enough time to do that for free), I
> spent *one* *week* moderating all his comments. I moderated each on the
> merits, so a couple went up, but most went down. This would have been
> maybe 100 comments. After the one week was up I stopped, and reported
> the results (which were that it would only take someone a few minutes a
> day).
>
> BTW, note that a corollary of Roy's argument is that Roy was being paid
> to comment on Digg. Writing a comment takes longer than moderating a
> comment, so if total time to moderate all of his comments is above the
> maximum time that one can give for free, then so is writing all those
> comments.
>
> Roy's inability to grasp that inherent flaw in his argument, and his
> [...]

Roy was just scripting his posts to digg, propeller, usenet and
other places.
The odd formatting gives it away.

I tried a similar experiment as you did only I tried *copying*
Roy's posts and only to COLA, no other place.

Conclusion was that one would not have enough time to eat,
shower, shit and shave just doing that by hand.

There is no way, none, that Roy Schestowitz is attending school
in a PHD program, holding down some kind of legitimate job to
pay the bills and generating all of this verbiage at the same
time.
He hangs on his chat channel literally 24x7 and when he was on
holiday a few weeks ago and was recruiting people to moderate
the channel, he was asking them if they could ensure being
online 24x7 !!

It is not physically possible.

I agree Schestowtiz seems to lack the analytical skills for
science.
Maybe that's why he seems to have changed careers to
"journalism".

Schestowitz is not an idiot BTW, he just acts like one.