[News] Penguin Computing Expands to Supercomputing with GNU/Linux

Penguin Offers Cloud Computing for HPC

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux cluster vendor Penguin Computing has created a cloud computing
| environment aimed at the HPC space. Penguinâs POD service is built on the
| vendor's Intel-powered Linux clusters, high-speed interconnect technologies
| like InfiniBand, NetApp SANs, Nvidia graphics chips and Penguinâs Scyld
| ClusterWare management software, all important technologies for highly
| parallel, memory-intensive HPC applications. Penguin also is not using
| virtualization technologies on its server clusters, which officials said will
| improve server and I/O performance.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Cloud-Computing/Penguin-Offers-Cloud-Computing-for-HPC-641418/

Penguin puts Linux supercomputer in sky

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, the San Francisco-based outfit announced the debut of what it calls
| Penguin on Demand - POD, for short - a service that offers remote access to
| high-performance computing (HPC) Linux clusters. The idea is to provide
| researchers, engineers, and simulation scientists with the sort of
| number-crunching power they can't get from something along the lines of
| Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/11/penguin_on_demand/

Related:

Panasas and Penguin Computing Partner to Improve Manageability of Linux-Based
Cluster Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Panasas, Inc., the global leader in parallel storage solutions, and Penguin
| Computing, a leading provider of Linux cluster solutions, today announced
| their plans to bring to market a comprehensive compute and storage solution
| that will deliver unprecedented productivity and ease of use to the fastest
| growing segments of the technical computing market.
`----

http://www.sunherald.com/prnewswire/story/658507.html

Linux shows staying power on Top500

,----[ Quote ]