[News] 2 New Reviews of PCLinuxOS 2009.2 and One New Derivative

REVIEW: PCLinuxOS 2009.2

,----[ Quote ]
| This might actually be the very best distro available for new users, and has
| features that make it a great distro for the rest of us as well.  Another
| distro that is similar to PCLinuxOS, are Mepis even though its Debian based.
| Really, I canât say I liked this distro, but I would say I loved it, that it
| exceeded what I thought possible that a Linux could do.   I would recommend
| PCLinuxOS to anyone, its made me a fan.  Now, on a negative note, what did I
| find that was wrong with PCLinuxOS?  You know I have to find something, even
| if its picky.  So donât take it wrong PCLinuxOS community, but the number one
| thing I found wrong, is no 64 bit version.   Other than that its truly an
| outstanding job folks, please continue the hard work!    The polish and
| attention to detail in this distro is the best I have ever seen.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/review-pclinuxos-2009-2/

PCLinuxOS 2009.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The only hurdle in mastering this operating system involves you familiarising
| yourself with the PCLinuxOS Control Center. Fortunately, the menus are
| organised and lots of practice can be done on the Live CD mode anyway. It is
| completely easy to setup from the start and all the applications mentioned
| earlier are all ready for launch. The overall environment makes it very
| appealing to Windows users that never used Linux before thanks to the
| friendly environment that the KDE 3.5 brings.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-review/pclinuxos-2009-2-review

SAM Linux 2009, the Last Release Based on PCLinuxOS

,----[  ]
| A member of the SAM Linux Team announced a few hours ago the release of SAM
| Linux 2009. This distribution is based on PCLinuxOS 2009.1 and is fully
| compatible with its packages, but later releases will be based on another
| distribution, unspecified at this moment.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/SAM-Linux-2009-the-Last-Release-Based-on-PCLinuxOS-118836.shtml

Recent:

PCLinuxOS 2009.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| After running into Problems with Mandriva 2009.1 with my sound cutting out
| and making static sounds and sometimes not working at all I decided to give
| PCLinuxOS a try. ÂSince PCLinuxOS is based on Mandriva the first thing I did
| was check to make sure the sound was working properly and it was.
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=289

PCLinuxOS 2009.2 fits like an old pair of jeans

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/pclinuxos-20092-fits-like-an-old-pair-of-jeans/4444/