[News] Nokia N900 is Coming, the Future of Linux at Nokia Seems a Lot Brighter

Nokia RX-51 Tablet Captured in the Wild

,----[ Quote ]
| The N900, as we are calling it now, can be termed an upgrade over the N97.
| The device features a full QWERTY keyboard and a huge 3.5-inch touch screen
| capable of WVGA resolution (800x480). It is expected to run the upcoming
| Maeomo5 OS, the latest version of the Linux based smartphone OS that Nokia
| uses for its lineup of tablet devices. That, we believe, would be the major
| difference between this one and the N97 which runs on the more "mass market"
| Series 60 Fifth Edition OS.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Nokia_RX-51_Tablet_Captured_in_the_Wild/551-105373-893.html

Maemo-powered Nokia N900 spotted!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2009/08/10/maemo-powered-nokia-n900-spotted-115875-21587445/

Nokia to drop Symbian for Maemo?

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia could be set to ditch Symbian as its main smartphone OS in favour of
| Maemo Linux. At least thatâs the gist of a report in the German edition of
| the Financial Times (aka the FTD). Read on for all the details.
`----

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2009/08/11/nokia-to-drop-symbian-for-maemo-115875-21590118/

Nokia adjusts Qt brand, website

,----[ Quote ]
| Now Qt Software is being renamed as Qt Development Frameworks and the web
| address will change to http://qt.nokia.com.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/08/nokia-adjusts-qt-brand-website.html

Recent:

Nokia turning to Android for new phone?

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia is breaking from Symbian and about to use Android for one of its next
| smartphones, according to industry sources. A touchscreen, smartphone-class
| device is claimed by the Guardian to be later in development and likely to be
| unveiled at Nokia World in September. Its features are unknown beyond the use
| of the Google platform.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/07/05/nokia.may.turn.to.android/

Nokia to release a netbook?