[News] KDE 4.3 Claims 2,000 New Features

KDE release adds 2,000 features

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community released the 4.3 version of its popular Linux/UNIX desktop
| environment, representing more than 63,000 code changes by 700 contributors,
| 10,000 bug-fixes, and 2,000 new features. KDE 4.3 adds numerous improvements
| to the Plasma Desktop Shell and Application Development Framework, among many
| other enhancements.

The KDE 4 Series: Pro and Con

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE desktop has been the center of changes and controversy for the last
| eighteen months. However, with last week's release of version 4.3, the
| majority of users finally seem to accept -- if not necessarily love -- the
| changes. At this point, it seems fair to ask: How successful are the KDE 4
| series of releases?
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3834221/The-KDE-4-Series-Pro-and-Con.htm

digiKam digest - 2009-08-09

,----[ Quote ]
| As usual, Mikolaj Machowski has compiled a commit digest of the work going on
| in Digikam on his blog. This excellent work deserves a more public spot, so
| from now you will find them linked on the dot. Those interested in the
| progress and new developments in the world of digital photography, be sure to
| click through to the digest!
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/08/10/digikam-digest-2009-08-09

Recent:

LiveCD with KDE 4.3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| David Palacio prepared a KDE 4.3.0 livecd with help of the pkg-kde and
| live-helper teams. You can download it via BitTorrent, fetch the Torrent file
| from here!.
`----

http://news.debian.net/2009/08/09/livecd-with-kde-4-3-0/

First Look: KDE 4.3.0 - A smooth desktop experience

,----[ Quote ]
| On the 4th of August, 2009, the KDE community released KDE 4.3.0, delivering
| its user base the first iteration of this next-generation KDE desktop
| environment. It boasts a modern and beautiful desktop, with over 10,000 bugs
| fixed and close to 2,000 features implemented over the older versions, such
| as the more buggy KDE 4.2.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-KDE-4-3-0-118684.shtml

KDE 4.3 âCaizenâ Review

,----[ Quote ]
| That probably covers the main features in the release especially the ones
| Iâve liked. Overall its is stable and the KDE developers themselves have
| said â âKDE 4.3 offers a more stable and complete product for the home and
| small office.â I think this was the release we were all waiting for in terms
| of stability and features as well.
`----

http://terminalvariant.co.cc/2009/08/kde-4-3-caizen-review/

Hands-on: KDE 4.3 delivers a Social Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.3 was released this week with a number of intriguing improvements. Ars
| test the new version, which introduces KDE's Social Desktop initiative, an
| effort to bring social networking integration to the popular desktop
| environment.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/08/hands-on-kde-43-delivers-a-social-desktop.ars

KDE Community Delivers Incremental Innovations With New KDE 4.3 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community today announces the immediate availability of "Caizen",
| (a.k.a KDE 4.3), bringing many improvements to the user experience and
| development platform. KDE 4.3 continues to refine the unique features brought
| in previous releases while bringing new innovations. With the 4.2 release
| aimed at the majority of end users, KDE 4.3 offers a more stable and complete
| product for the home and small office.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/4.3/index.php

A first look at KDE 4.3