[News] Reviews of SAM Linux 2009 and Arch Linux

Distro Hoppin`: SAM Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, if you like trying out new distributions, certainly give SAM a spin.
| Despite its problems, it brings forward some original elements that separates
| it from the crowd. Plus, it is packed with the latest and greatest software.
| I'm very curious about how the next release will be though, as the developers
| said that SAM 2009 is the last version using the PCLinuxOS base.
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2009/08/distro-hoppin-sam-linux-2009.html

Arch Linux: The Simple, Flexible (and Fast!) Distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch Linux is a unique distribution, offering the latest free software via a
| super fast package manager coupled with a âkeep it simpleâ philosophy. It is
| fast becoming a very popular distribution and now thanks to their split
| packages, you can install a lightweight KDE 4.3 desktop for even more
| flexibility and speed.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7469/1.html

Origin of Famous Linux Distibutions

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2008/11/origin-famous-linux-distibutions-come.html

Recent:

SAM Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| SAM is a pleasant, small LiveCD distribution that doesn't use Gnome or KDE
| (although in all fairness XFce does use Gnome libraries). The software
| selection is small but covers most of the common themes users will want.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/sam2009.htm

Related:

SAM Linux 2008 'Claws' rc1: A Brief Visual Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| So, that's the end of my brief tour of SAM Linux 2008. It's a hugely
| promising distribution and I'm fairly sure we're going to be hearing more
| about it in the future.
| Well worth a try, if only as a very useful live CD.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/02/sam-linux-2008-claws-rc1-brief-visual.html

Review of SAM Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]