[News] SystemRescueCd 1.2.3 and Parted Magic 4.4 Released; GoboLinux 014.01 Coverage

  • Subject: [News] SystemRescueCd 1.2.3 and Parted Magic 4.4 Released; GoboLinux 014.01 Coverage
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:33:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SystemRescueCd version 1.2.3 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers of SystemRescueCd have now released version 1.2.3 of the
| French mini--Linux distribution. The new SystemRescueCd release updates a
| range of tools and includes a firmware package missing from the previous
| version (sys-kernel/linux-firmware). The developer has updated the
| alternative kernels to Linux 2.6.27.29.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/SystemRescueCd-version-1-2-3-released--/news/113983

Parted Magic 4.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 4.4 of Linux distribution Parted Magic was released yesterday
| (Wednesday). The system, which includes a range of hard drive partitioning
| and many other useful tools, contains updated software, such as kernel
| 2.6.30.4, new versions of hdparm, Clonezilla and GNU Parted and a whole range
| of new features.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Parted-Magic-4-4-released--/news/113995

GoboLinux 014.01 After a Year

,----[ Quote ]
| So, my HDD went bust. I have been using GoboLinux since its launch, and there
| has yet to be a new release since 014.01. Try as I might, I couldn't switch
| distributions. So, I installed. This isn't an easy task. The install CD is so
| old that you will have to do a lot of updating to install anything new. So
| where to start?
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2009/08/gobolinux-01401-after-year.html

Recent:

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html