[News] Customers Pay for Free Software (Business Success Story)

Acquia, Supporting the Drupal CMS, Adds 200 New Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| We've reported a number of times before on Acquia, which offers a
| commercially supported version of the open source Drupal content management
| system. OStatic runs on Drupal, and Drupal version 6 is expected to soon run
| over 240,000 web sites,  with many large media companies switching to it.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/acquia-supporting-the-drupal-cms-adds-200-new-customers

Commercial open source is essential to enterprise IT

,----[ Quote ]
| In the ideal world, open source software would be free of charges and its
| communities would operate on a Service Level Agreement (SLA) scale.
|
| There would be virtually no expenses to acquire, use and maintain the
| software in enterprise IT production environments.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2443&blogid=35

Recent:

Drupal 7 Targets the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| Fresh off a new round of financing, open source content management (CMS)
| vendor Acquia is putting its new funds to work in taking the Drupal open
| source CMS to new heights in the enterprise.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/webcontent/article.php/3834091

Drupal creator's startup, other firm, seek lead roles in open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Acquia Inc. has closed $8 million in new financing â a story first reported
| on www.masshightech.com earlier this week, bringing to $15 million the total
| in funds raised by the company founded by Drupal creator Dries Buytaert.
`----

http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2009/07/20/weekly4-Drupal-creators-startup-other-firm-seek-lead-roles-in-open-source.html

Acquia Gets $8 Million in Second Round Financing

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this report, existing investors Sigma Partners and North Bridge
| Partners participated in the second round financing for Acquia, but not
| O'Reilly Alphatech Ventures, which was one of the first round investors.
| Acquia has a new CEO, Tom Erickson, who joined the company in March.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/acquia-gets-8-million-in-second-round-financing

Acquia Search screencast with RedMonk

,----[ Quote ]
| In this screencast, Bryan House from Acquia discusses Acquia Search with
| Michael Cotà from RedMonk.
`----

http://buytaert.net/acquia-search-screencast-with-redmonk

Acquia Search available commercially