[News] KDE Gets More 3-D Acceleration, Amarok Gains Magnatune.com Integration

2D in KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Qt, and therefore KDE, deals with 3 predominant ways of rendering graphics. I
| don't feel like bothering with transitions today, so find your own way from
| beards and dwarfs to Qt/KDE graphics. Those three ways are:
|
|     * On the CPU with no help from the GPU using the raster engine
|     * Using X11/Xrender with the X11 engine
|     * Using OpenGL with the OpenGL engine
`----

http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2009/08/2d-in-kde.html

Seven Great Tips To Make KDE 4.3 More Friendly

,----[ Quote ]
| This time I decided to reveal some of my favorite KDE tricks.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=782

Message Indicator in KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently Aurelien Gateau of the Canonical Desktop Experience team implemented
| the Message Indicator for KDE and Konversation. Now if you get messages when
| you're away from your computer or not looking at IRC it'll put them into the
| message indicator when you can happily not get distracted by them (unlike
| popup notifications) but can easily find them when you want to.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4043

Some KDE 4 tips you should know

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 is definitively my daily desktop environment, although itâs not yet
| mature like the 3.5.x branch i consider it enough stable and usable, but
| sometime the default settings and the few time available, donât help us to
| appreciate it, so letâs resume some little tip for beginners that feel lost
| with everything new and donât want waste their time.
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/08/13/some-kde-4-tips-you-should-know/

Magnatune.com and Amarok: Integration of favorite and recommendation features

,----[ Quote ]
| On Magnatune.com, we have recently added a number of features to make the
| memberships more attractive. One of these features (which has actually been
| around for a while now) is a personal list of favorite albums for each
| member. On each album page, there is a small button that adds the album to
| the list of favorites
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1092-Magnatune.com-and-Amarok-Integration-of-favorite-and-recommendation-features.html

Recent: