[News] Ubuntu 9.10 Reaches Fourth Alpha

Karmic Alpha 4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to Karmic Koala Alpha 4, which will in time become Ubuntu 9.10.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-August/000603.html

Notes on transitioning from Fedora Core to Ubuntu

http://slacy.com/blog/2009/08/notes-on-transitioning-from-fedora-core-to-ubuntu/

Fixing a Dell laptop, part 3

,----[ Quote ]
| It looks just like it was never broken.  The display panel is undamaged.  The
| only physical complaint I have about the machine is that they left a little
| smudge of some sort of goo at the top of the screen, but that wiped off
| easily.
|
| And it did not come back with Vista.  My Linux installation was untouched.
| Yay Dell!
`----

http://www.dwasifar.com/?p=682

Recent:

Karmicâs New Boot & Login Screen

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu design team have published mock-ups of the proposed Ubuntu 9.10
| Boot and GDM screens.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/karmics-new-boot-and-login-screen.html

Artwork Incoming Karmic Boot Demo