[News] A Look at Linux 2.6.1 and Kernel Space Security Policy

Kernel Log â Coming in 2.6.31 - Part 3: Storage and file systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The experimental file system Btrfs, billed as the "next generation file
| system for Linux", should now be even faster. Libata drivers for IDE/PATA
| adaptors are pushing aside the IDE subsystem. The first components for
| defragmenting Ext4 file systems have been merged into the main development
| tree. Systems with Intel ATA chipsets now boot faster thanks to parallel
| hardware scanning.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Kernel-Log-Coming-in-2-6-31-Part-3-Storage-and-file-systems--/news/114012

Torvalds bashes vendor-sec private Linux security list

,----[ Quote ]
| I completely agree. Openness and transparency are the key to true security.
| However, I do also understand how this can put vendors and users at risk,
| since patches aren't going to be co-ordinated. It's a tough call and very
| delicate balance that needs to be achieved.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/08/torvalds-bashes-vendorsec-priv.html

Recent:

Linux 2.6.31-rc6