[News] Red Hat Expands Partner Programme and Gives Awards

Red Hat Expands Partner Program to Juice Reseller Business

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has expanded its partner program to give companies more options for
| how they can work with the Linux vendor, more ways to demonstrate their areas
| of product expertise to customers and more discounts on product pricing, the
| company said Monday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/170325/red_hat_expands_partner_program_to_juice_reseller_business.html

Red Hat Names 2009 Red Hat Certified Engineers of the Year

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source
| solutions, today announced the five regional winners of its annual Red Hat
| Certified Engineer (RHCE) of the Year contest. Winners demonstrated hard
| work, expertise and innovation utilizing RHCE skills to solve complex
| technical problems and deliver value to their companies and institutions.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090817005042&newsLang=en

Recent:

Red Hat revenue surges 11%

,----[ Quote ]
| Software company Red Hat continued its recession-defying performance by
| posting an 11 percent increase in quarterly revenue that outpaced analysts'
| expectations.
`----

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/nc/story/1582512.html

16 Videos from Red Hat: Some Marketing, But Good Perspectives Too

,----[ Quote ]
| The Value of Red Hat in Jim's Words. Whitehurst discusses why open source
| software is a good alternative to proprietary software, and more.
|
| Red Hat's Technologies. From virtualization to JBoss middleware, here's a
| primer.
|
| The Subscription Model. Many commercial open source companies have emulated
| Red Hat's subscription model. Here's the company's explanation of it.
|
| Liberating Innovation. This video delves into open standards, software
| licensing, software patents, and more.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/16-videos-from-red-hat-some-marketing-but-good-perspectives-too#buzz

Red Hat: Bad economy is good for open source

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, on Red Hat's earnings call, Chief Executive Jim Whitehurst
| indicated: "Budgets remain tight and we don't see an end in sight for this.
| In relative terms, this is pretty good for us." He went on to call out the
| big differentiator for Red Hat's business: certified ecosystem.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10272310-16.html

Red Hat CEO Calls on Oracle to Keep Java Open

,----[ Quote ]
| But Java is also playing an important part of Red Hat's business. During
| yesterday's call, Whitehurst said that Red Hat's JBoss Java middleware
| business is a key part of its product mix, while Red Hat CFO Charlie Peters
| added that during the first quarter, Red Hat had five deals that were worth
| $1 million or more, two of which were standalone middleware deals.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3826941/Red+Hat+CEO+Calls+on+Oracle+to+Keep+Java+Open.htm

Red Hat unit expects 100% revenue jump for fiscal 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mexican unit of US Linux operating systems integrator Red Hat (NYSE: RHT)
| expects revenues to increase 100% during its fiscal year 2010, which will end
| February 28, unit director Gerardo Flores told BNamericas without providing
| hard figures.
`----

http://www.bnamericas.com/news/technology/Red_Hat_unit_expects_100*_revenue_jump_for_fiscal_2010

Linux distributor Red Hat reports 7 percent increase in profits

http://topnews.us/content/25781-linux-distributor-red-hat-reports-7-percent-increase-profits

Red Hat Beats as Frugal Firms Embrace Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "With overall IT spending down on a year-over-year basis, our largest
| customers continue to renew and spend more with Red Hat," said Jim
| Whitehurst, the Red Hat CEO, during a conference call late Wednesday.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10527424/1/red-hat-beats-as-frugal-firms-embrace-linux.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI

Red Hat profit rises, bucks tech industry trend

,----[ Quote ]
| Software company Red Hat Inc (RHT.N) reported a modest jump in quarterly
| profit, bucking an industry trend of declining earnings, thanks to a reliable
| business model through which it books sales over multiple years.
|
| [...]
|

| The company, whose rivals include Novell Inc (NOVL.O) and Microsoft Corp
| (MSFT.O), sells upgrades, help-desk support and bug fixes for Linux software.
| It has weathered the recession better than computer makers and many software
| companies because Red Hat customers buy its service in subscriptions over the
| course of several years, giving it a predictable revenue stream.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINN2421958220090624?rpc=44

Red Hat plans more hiring after adding 600 employees

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the worst recession in decades, Linux giant Red Hat added 600
| employees to its rolls during the 12 months that ended Feb. 28, and the
| Raleigh company anticipates more hiring going forward, according to a filing
| Wednesday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2009/04/27/daily51.html

Red Hat educates profs

,----[ Quote ]