[News] Testimony of the Spreading of the Free Software Ethos ('Viral' Nature)

Wikipedia notches up 3 million English-language articles

,----[ Quote ]
| Free online encyclopaedia Wikipedia is celebrating a new milestone â an
| article on Norwegian actress Beate Eriksen added on Monday took the
| English-language version of Wikipedia over the three million article mark.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/08/dell_inspiron_mini_10_gets_2gb_ram_option.html

Why not create an open-source alternative to ITIL?

,----[ Quote ]
| Consider: Open source isn't limited to software. It's a way to organize
| like-minded communities that create and refine pieces of intellectual
| property.
|
| It might not be possible or practical. On the other hand, a well-constructed
| framework that:
|
|     * Takes into account not merely process but all of the factors needed for
|     IT to be successful ...
|     * Provides contextual guidance besides, to make clear where different
|     solutions work and where they don't ...
|     * Rejects the "Standard Model" as an underlying premise (it could
|     certainly accept it as a situationally appropriate alternative) ...
|
| ... could be immensely valuable.
`----

http://www.ciozone.com/index.php/Blogs/view/4873/.html

Recent: