[News] Dark Future for British Internet, Virgin and BPA Abuse Power

When ISPs hijack your rights to NXDOMAIN

,----[ Quote ]
| Virgin Media's UK customers are about to experience a wonderful new service
| that intercepts unresolvable DNS requests and redirects the user to a page
| full of ads and search results.
`----

http://www.thresq.com/2009/08/superman-lawsuit-warner-bros.html

Virgin hijacks empty pages

,----[ Quote ]
| Virgin broadband has started serving up advertising, instead of empty pages,
| when the domain you were looking for turns out not to be there.
`----

http://www.thresq.com/2009/08/superman-lawsuit-warner-bros.html

There's also the Phorm infection in Virgin. They abuse their customers.

The Net closes in on internet piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Lord Mandelson, the Business Secretary, is said to be persuaded by the
| argument for tough laws to curb illegal file-sharing after an intensive
| lobbying campaign by influential people in the music and film industry.
|
| [...]
|
| The new Pirate Party UK was reported to be recruiting as many as 100 people
| every hour since its launch last week. Among its supporters was Stephen Fry,
| who applauded the new party on Twitter. Yesterday the organisers said they
| had 259 fully paid-up members, although hundreds more had shown an interest
| in joining.
`----

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-net-closes-in-on-internet-piracy-1772820.html

Yesterday:

Mandelson goes to war on teenagers downloading their music and movies... just
days after dining with anti-piracy billionaire

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206901/Mandelson-launches-crackdown-file-sharing--just-days-meeting-record-producer.html