[News] Why Windows is a Curse to Unix Harmony

The Curse of the Living Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately, I had spent the last few months learning enough about Linux to
| begin my run for freedom from Windows already, so Ubuntu 9.04 was running
| smoothly on one of my two computers by the time DSL came to town. I knew that
| all I needed or wanted from an ISP was a connection to the internet -- any
| other services were of no interest.
|
| Of course, since this was a Windows ISP, there was nothing in their
| literature that suggested how to carry out the actual connection process
| other than "install the program from the CD, we will assimilate your computer
| and do the rest." I've learned to expect that, having endured the Driver
| Dramas of winmodem/linmodem on dialup, but since this is ADSL, I did need to
| find the magic numbers like IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS server.
| That meant I had to call Technical Support.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/6822/1/

"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches."

                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

Recent:

Microsoft CEO Scoffs at Mac Share Gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve has a surprising view of the computing universe to put Linux before
| Apple. Most certainly, Linux's larger server share puts it overall ahead of
| Mac OS. But Steve wasn't talking about server here, but Windows client. So
| why rank Apple behind Linux?
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/macbook/microsoft_ceo_scoffs_at_mac_share_gains.html

Microsoft and Its Three Biggest Threats