[News] Attack on Sharing in Spain, the UK, and Maybe Antarctica

P2P Banned In Antarctica?

,----[ Quote ]
| We know that there's been an ongoing effort by entertainment industry
| lobbyists to convince politicians (and others) that file sharing and P2P apps
| are somehow to blame for stupid government staffers accidentally leaking
| files via those programs. Apparently the propaganda campaign has worked in at
| least one area: employees of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP) were
| sent an alert that they need to stop using all P2P programs.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090818/1726535917.shtml

Of Mephistopheles and Poodles

,----[ Quote ]
| I was always under the impression that Lord Mandelson was dark, Machiavellian
| and very sharp; apparently not:
|
|     Lord Mandelson launched a crackdown on internet piracy just days after
|     meeting a leading Hollywood critic of illegal file sharing.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/of-mephistopheles-and-poodles.html

The Pain in Spain Falls Mainly in the Plan

,----[ Quote ]
|     in January 2010, Spain will take over the Presidency of the European
|     Community. Spanish Government has already announced that one of their
|     flagships will be reinforcing the control of the Internet and
|     criminalizing the sharing culture in the digital environment. The
|     consequences of those decisions will be noticed in the rest of the world.
|
| This is the first I've heard of this: bad news if true. Anyone have any more
| details?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/pain-in-spain-falls-mainly-in-plan.html

Recent: