[News] A Look at New Massively-loaded Sabayon (Video) and Supergamer

The Road to Beta 1 of 5.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I donât know if everyone has seen this yet, but Shake0 has produced an
| awesome Sabayon 5.0 promo video.  Be sure to check it out.  I would love to
| see an artwork package that evolved around it.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=202

Linux Got Game!

,----[ Quote ]
| Depending upon your preferences, Supergamer Supreme can be totally awesome.
| It can be run from the live DVD with almost as good performance as when
| installed. Perhaps you don't mind booting back and forth between systems, and
| as such the Firefox, MPlayer, and GIMP versions may not matter all that much.
| Even if you prefer to avoid lots of booting, are the older versions even an
| issue for you? Despite the drawbacks, Supergamer Supreme is still the best
| gaming distro available.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/38983

Related:

SuperGamer Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| A while back I took at a Linux distribution geared solely toward playing
| games called Live Linux Gaming. Well thereâs another remastered distribution
| for gamers called SuperGamer. SuperGamer is based on VectorLinux and requires
| a dual layer DVD. It weighs in at roughly 8GB so itâs a bit on the chunky
| side as a download. But, given the number of games it comes with (more on
| that below), you can understand why itâs such a large download. SuperGamer is
| based on the 2.6.27.24 kernel and can run on 32 or 64 bit computers.
|
| [...]
|
| SuperGamer is a great addition to the remastered distro collection of any
| intermediate or advanced Linux user. Itâs well worth a download even given
| itâs large file size. Linux gamers in particular should probably consider
| this a must-have given the level of convenience in having all of its games
| right at their fingertips in a Live CD.
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/08/03/supergamer-live-dvd/

Play Linux Games From A Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to gaming in Linux, one of the most frequently faced problems
| is the sourcing of the game code then compiling and installing them on your
| machine. While some games provide easy ways to install them or are found in
| the distroâs software repository, there are plenty of games that come in pure
| binary source code and require you to compile, make and install, all of which
| are like a nightmare to many Linux newbies.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/play-linux-games-from-a-live-dvd/

MIB-Live Games 2008.1

,----[ Quote ]
| 2 DVDs based on Mandriva One 2008.1, each containing a lot of games:
| You can enjoy them directly from the DVD or, if you prefer, you can install
| it to your Hard-Disk.
`----

http://mib.pianetalinux.org/miblight/2008/08/22/mib-live-games-20081/?lan=english

Mandriva : MIB Live Games 2008.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Marcello Anni announced on Cooker ML the release of the MIB Live Games
| 2008.1. MIB ( Mandriva Italian Backports ) is a derived distribution of
| Mandriva Linux done by the Italian Mandriva community.
`----

http://www.linux-wizard.net/index.php?id_blog=229

MIB Live Games

,----[ Quote ]
| MIB Live Games is a treasure trove for Linux gamers; at last count over 100
| games, 48 in arcade alone. As it is based on Mandriva 2008, the setup (and
| possible installation) are a breeze; to say that everything is included out
| of the box on this remaster of Mandriva 2008 âOneâ would be an understatement
| indeed.
|
| [...]
|
| For those in Asia, using the original Mandriva 2008 âOneâ Asia edition is
| preferable as this remaster only offers major European languages at the
| starting configuration screen, though again they are not that difficult to
| add once the system is installed.
`----

http://fareast.linuxdiary.com/2008/01/11/mib-live-games/

Games Live DVD

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora Games spin is a custom variant of Fedora targeted at Linux gamers.
| This is to demonstrate the gaming potential of Fedora without altering user's
| existing configuration. The Live DVD also allows installation to hard disk or
| USB flash.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive

Open Source Gaming Review: Linux Gamers Live DVD 0.9.2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=265