[News] More Great GNU/Linux-based Platforms Come to Sub-notebooks

First Look: Jolicloud Alpha 2c

,----[ Quote ]
| Bottom line, Jolicloud deserves all the attention that it's getting right
| now. We don't feel that the social component in its current state will be a
| very useful addition, but if the developers extend it so that it integrates
| with the desktop synchronization functions and other social networking
| websites it may just become a central feature. The all-around optimizations
| make this operating system a real alternative for netbook owners, as they
| work wonders even for those rather old first-generation devices that are
| already starting to appear as pieces of computer history to us.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-Jolicloud-Alpha-2c-119501.shtml

Which netbook OS is right for you?

,----[ Quote ]
| Under Linux you can easily find and install new products. You donât need to
| go searching for them yourself. Similarly, you can update every application
| as well as Linux itself from the one software update menu. Linux has no need
| for the multitude of âprogram x is going to check for updates nowâ
| run-on-startup memory wasters that plagues Microsoft Windows.
|
| Another reason you ought to consider Linux is its greater security. There is
| absolutely no need to run anti-virus software on Linux. Itâs far more
| resistant to Internet nasties. Some Windows advocates will defend Microsoftâs
| vulnerabilities as a result of mass popularity making it a bigger target.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27063/1141/

Recent:

Preview of Jolicloud: The social Netbook OS

,----[ Quote ]
| One of those, called Jolicloud is launching in beta in the next few months.
| Created by Tariq Krim, who founded and later left widget-based start page
| Netvibes, the alternate OS has been designed for Web workers, or people who
| do most of their work (or play) on Web applications and services.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-10310359-248.html

Hands-on with an alpha of the Jolicloud netbook distro

,----[ Quote ]
| Jolicloud is a Linux-based netbook OS that is built on top of Canonical's
| Ubuntu Netbook Remix. It uses Mozilla's Prism environment to make Web
| applications accessible outside of the browser.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/07/hands-on-jolicloud-alpha-combines-ubuntu-and-mozilla-prism.ars

Checking out the Jolicloud Netbook OS

,----[ Quote ]
| That may, actually, be exactly what is needed to bring the concepts of Ubuntu
| Netbook Remix to the masses. Itâs too early to tell, but Jolicloud looks like
| it has a chance of being one of the first Linux-based netbook distros to take
| off, if they can get deals with hardware manufacturers.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/2009/07/17/checking-out-the-jolicloud-netbook-os/

Hands-On Review Of Jolicloud, The iPhonesque OS For Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/07/hands-on-review-of-jolicloud-the-iphonesque-os-for-netbooks/