Re: [News] Intellectual Monopolies Invade Sirius and Make Everyone a "Criminal"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Sirius XM Passes RIAA Tax On To Consumers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Not quite sure how I missed this earlier (update: oops, turns out we
> | didn't miss it -- so consider this an encore presentation), but Bret
> | alerts us to the news that with the ever increasing royalty rates pushed
> | by the RIAA in the form of its "spin-off" Sound Exchange, and codified
> | by the Copyright Royalty Board (for whom I still do not understand how
> | anyone can justify its existence), that Sirius XM has simply added a $2
> | RIAA tax to everyone's monthly bills to help pay for the new performance
> | royalties. Yup, because the RIAA and its members haven't been able to
> | come up with a business model that works
> `----
>
> http://techdirt.com/articles/20090818/1543205916.shtml

Satellite radio is pretty cool, but a bit pricey anyways. Just dump it and
go buy yourself a NON-DRM'ed music player and play what you own...

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   19:52:42 up 29 days, 23:57,  5 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.21