[News] Linux.com Improves Under Linux Foundation Management

New Linux.com Features Encourage Contribution

,----[ Quote ]
| When Linux.com first launched, we knew that as feature-packed as the site
| was, there were some additional features we wanted to add to the site when
| the time came to make Linux.com even better.
|
| That time has come.
`----

http://linux.com/news/featured-blogs/168-brian-proffitt/37768-new-linuxcom-features-encourage-contibution

Related:

Linux Foundation revamps individual membership deal

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has revamped their individual membership scheme, and
| doubled the price in the process. Last September, the Foundation announced an
| individual membership scheme which cost $49 per year, gave the member some
| voting rights and a T-shirt. The newly reworked package raises the price of
| membership to $99 and now gives users an @linux.com email address and a
| package of discounts on Linux Foundation conferences and events, O'Reilly
| books, No Starch Press books and Linux Journal subscriptions among others.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Linux-Foundation-revamps-individual-membership-deal--/news/113437

The New Linux.com: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, Linux.com is a great resource for the Linux community. It
| connects people, it spreads information about upcoming events, and provides
| information from all aspects of the Linux world
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/the-new-linux-com-a-review/

Linux Foundation has bought Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has long wanted the Linux.com domain name for obvious
| reasons. For a long time SourceForge, formerly VA Linux Systems, kept the
| site, but the company has now sold Linux.com to the Foundation.
|
| Sources close to the deal say that the deal was made because, -- an all too
| familiar story these days -- the company needed the money. SourceForge, had,
| in addition to its well-known open-source eponymous code Web site, been in
| the media business. In December 2008, however, the company laid off the bulk
| of its NewsForge editorial staff. NewsForge was hosted at Linux.com. The
| Linux.com site then became something of a placeholder site, which held only a
| discussion forum.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_foundation_has_bought_linux_com

The Linux Foundation Unveils and Re-Launches Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-linux-foundation-unveils-and-re-launches-linux-com