[News] Red Hat Gains from Bad Economy, Red Hat Derivative Gets OK from MSIE

Red Hat takes on the recession

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source revolution may have yet to happen, but with company budgets
| on the line, change is in the air.
|
| [...]
|
| Thus far, Red Hat has been focusing that help on the infrastructure side of
| corporate IT, so the kind of behind-the-scenes software on top of which
| applications run. It has branched out from its core Linux OS into all kinds
| of infrastructure software that enable things like clustering and
virtualization.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/20/technology/redhat_stock_open_source.fortune/

The âeâ of the Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| For me as the operator and head of the StartCom Certification Authority,
| every computer application making use of SSL and cryptography is of
| importance, specially those of the various platforms from the house of
| Microsoft. Thatâs one of the reasons why Iâm today extremely pleased to
| announce the upcoming default support of the StartCom Authority by Microsoft.
| Starting approximately the 22nd of September, Microsoft intends to distribute
| a non-security update package to the Windows operating systems which includes
| the trusted StartCom root certificate and the automatic root certificate
| update service will update the cryptographic certificates root store on those
| systems whenever a StartCom issued certificate is encountered.
|
| This not only means that Internet Explorer will finally support web sites
| secured with StartCom issued certificates by default, the implications for
| SSL security and the Internet at large are potentially reaching further than
| that:
|
|     StartCom is the only public certification authority providing digital
|     certificates for free!
`----

http://blog.startcom.org/?p=205

Recent:

The Geek Factor

,----[ Quote ]
| Four years ago - StartComâs main focus was still the StartCom Linux
| distribution and hosting business of MediaHostâ - we setup a new web site and
| created a very simple wizard for obtaining a digital certificate and
| announced to the world that we intend to end this multi-million dollar
| business of implied security. There was certainly some naivety and a lot of
| innocence with our proclaimed goal - until our servers were overran by almost
| two million page views during the initial days after our announcement which
| hit the Internet news sites. We went likeâ.WOW!
`----

http://blog.startcom.org/?p=180

Related:

StartCom Enterprise Linux (AS-4.0.4) - Update Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Ahead of a busy spring season and in anticipation of new StartCom
| Enterprise Linux AS-5 and StartCom MultiMedia Edition ML-6, comes an
| update release of the Advanced Server 4 series. The fifth release of
| this enterprise class operating system is the natural combined
| continuation of the previously released AS-4 distribution, whichw
| ith this update includes security related updates and minor
| adjustments.
`----

http://linux.startcom.org/?app=14&rel=24

StartCom Enterprise Linux Advanced Server-4.0.3 Update Release

,----[ Quote ]
| With the fourth release of the Advanced Server 4 series, StartCom
| confirms its commitment for the continued and free distribution of
| the StartCom Linux operating systems and the updating and maintaining
| of their software packages - which results in a range of secure,
| stable server and multi-media platforms.
`----

http://home.nesator.minsk.by/networks/news/2006/09/2313.html

StartCom Enterprise Linux (AS-5.0.2) - Update Release

,----[ Quote ]
| StartCom is pleased to announce the availability of StartCom Enterprise Linux
| AS-5.0.2. StartCom Linux is using the latest in open source technology and
| with its known stability, reliability and security allows for
| mission-critical server deployments. This update release provides various
| enhancements for Virtualization, Encryption, Cluster Storage, but also and
| Desktop improvements and Networking/IPv6 enablement.
`----

http://www.startcom.org/?app=14&rel=29

StartCom Delivers Free Enterprise Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6422/1/