[News] Desktops Running GNU/Linux Do More for Less, Win Converts

The Big Advantage With Linux: Multiple Desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been spending a lot of time lately using Windows as my main OS, jumping
| between Windows 7 or Vista.  This is mostly in part because Iâve been working
| with some native Windows programs throughout my daily routine.  But I decided
| yesterday to give up working on Windows natively and returning back to my
| preferred Arch Linux mainly because of one thing.
|
| Multiple desktops.
|
| Yes, something as simple as having multiple desktops is what caused me to
| ditch my Windows designing environment.
`----

http://www.customdistros.com/2009/08/the-big-advantage-with-linux-multiple-desktops/

Order a High Powered Linux Workstation on the Cheap

,----[ Quote ]
| The bottom line is whether one is a DIY type or an average PC user one can
| get a complete, rather high powered GNU/Linux based PC system for under
| $800.00.
`----

http://blog.eracc.com/2009/08/22/order-a-high-powered-linux-workstation-on-the-cheap/

Recent:

Virtual Desktops: Brilliant or Nuisance?

,----[ Quote ]
| Funnily enough, whenever I put a Windows user on a Linux system, this is the
| thing they struggle most with. Most of the time, they just canât grasp the
| concept, or donât understand how it could be useful. As a result, they always
| stick to the first workspace, and whenever a window ends up on another, they
| canât find it again.
|
| [...]
|
| For me, switching between workspaces is the same as switching between
| applications, but apparently itâs a difficult concept for most people, and
| the only reason I can think of why this is so, is because users have become
| so accustomed to Windows (or MacOS X), that they canât think of screen estate
| beyond the actual borders of the screen.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/virtual-desktops-brilliant-or-nuisance/

Is Virtual Desktop Delivery Hype or Reality?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3821656/Is+Virtual+Desktop+Delivery+Hype+or+Reality.htm