[News] Government Gives Its Data to Citizens, Setting it Free

Opening Up Government Data: Give it to Us Raw, Give it to Us Now

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month Rufus Pollock, Director of the Open Knowledge Foundation, spoke at
| OpenTech 2009 in a session with Richard Stirling of the Cabinet Office and
| John Sheridan of the Office of Public Sector Information.
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2009/08/19/opening-up-government-data-give-it-to-us-raw-give-it-to-us-now/

Where is the nearest bus stop? UK Department for Transport adds NaPTAN data to
Open Street Map

,----[ Quote ]
| The UKâs Department for Transport (DfT) has recently released data from the
| National Public Transport Access Node (NaPTAN) database to be put on Open
| Street Map (OSM).
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2009/08/20/where-is-the-nearest-bus-stop-uk-department-for-transport-adds-naptan-data-to-open-street-map/

San Francisco Opens The Cityâs Data

,----[ Quote ]
| In an effort to engage our highly skilled workforce we are launching
| DataSF.org, an initiative designed to increase access to city data.
|
| The new web site will provide a clearinghouse of structured, raw and
| machine-readable government data to the public in an easily downloadable
| format. For example, there will be updated crime incident data from the
| police department and restaurant inspection data from the Department of
| Public Health. The initial phase of the web site includes more than 100
| datasets, from a range of city departments, including Police, Public Works,
| and the Municipal Transportation Agency.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/19/san-francisco-opens-the-city%E2%80%99s-data/

Related:

Shared data feed