[News] Linux Gains Many New Graphics Drivers

This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ3MA

VIA Releases A New 2D Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month we shared that VIA would be releasing a new 2D graphics
| driver for Linux and this morning they have done just that. While previously
| VIA Technologies had thrown their weight behind the OpenChrome driver, and
| there are other VIA drivers out there like the UniChrome driver, they have
| been working on their own xf86-video-via driver. Back in August they had
| released a xf86-video-via driver, but today's release of this open-source
| driver now uses their new kernel DRM for providing 2D (EXA) acceleration.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ3Mw

NVIDIA Pushes Out New Linux Driver Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA hasn't been updating their binary Linux drivers as frequently as they
| were earlier this year when it would be hard to go even just a week without
| seeing a new beta, an official update, or changes to either of their legacy
| drivers. However, there are some new NVIDIA Linux drivers to start off this
| week. For those sticking with the official NVIDIA driver releases there is
| now the 185.18.36 release while those willing to try out a beta driver there
| is the 190.25 build.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ3NA

Recent:

Radeon Driver Picks Up VBOs, OQ Support

,----[ Quote ]
| There are quite a number of changes in store for Mesa 7.6, such as new state
| trackers for Gallium3D, other Gallium3D-specific improvements, optimized IR,
| and many changes to the different Mesa 3D drivers. Adding to that list, the
| open-source ATI R300+ driver has just picked up support for Vertex Buffer
| Objects and Occlusion Queries.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ1OQ

Radeon 3D Driver Rewrite Merged To Master

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been several months coming, but the "radeon-rewrite" driver has been
| merged into the mainline Mesa code-base in the past hour.
|
| [...]
|
| This radeon-rewrite merger is also good news for those interested in the
| forthcoming merger of the TTM memory manager and Radeon kernel mode-setting
| into the Linux 2.6.31 kernel.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzMyNA

AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4770 On Linux