[News] Large List of GNU/Linux Games and Introductions to Guitarix and Kupfer

42 Hot Free Linux Games (Part 3 of 3)

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux enjoys a very large software library of games, the vast majority of
| which can be downloaded without any payment. Helping to identify great games
| is made difficult by the fact that to a large extent games are a matter of
| taste. Furthermore, some players prefer games of tactics, others enjoy the
| communication with fellow gamers. There are those who hanker for games that
| require quick reflexes, or which truly challenge the mind.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090808191522120/Games-Part3.html

Introducing Guitarix

,----[ Quote ]
| At this stage in its development Guitarix has almost no user-level
| documentation. The source package includes a README that explains the program
| in some detail, and Hermann Meyer has written a good introduction to using
| jconv in Guitarix. A discussion forum exists but traffic is light. The
| program also needs a demonstrative bank of presets. Fortunately the program
| is easy to learn through its use. Experiment, make new presets, save them,
| and tell the rest of us about them.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introducing-guitarix

Kupfer Launches Linux Files and Applications Quickly

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux: If the graphical demands of previously mentioned Linux launchers
| GNOME-Do or AWN are too much for your needs, Kupfer might be a perfect fit.
| It works in a similar fashion, but uses only spare resources to do so.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5344158/kupfer-launches-linux-files-and-applications-quickly

Recent:

Quake Live at 1Ghz, 256Mb

,----[ Quote ]
| Thatâs Crux, by the way. I expected laggy performance and skipping graphics.
| But framerates are exceptionally good, although I didnât find a way to show a
| number on screen. Iâm not a huge first-person shooter fan, but itâs fun to
| try out.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/quake-live-at-1ghz-256mb/

Quake Live Updated to Support Linux and Mac Users

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175567