[News] More Games Are Coming to GNU/Linux: Chicken Invaders, Motocross, Shadowgrounds, Lugaru

  • Subject: [News] More Games Are Coming to GNU/Linux: Chicken Invaders, Motocross, Shadowgrounds, Lugaru
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:57:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Games : Chicken Invaders For Linux !

,----[ Quote ]
| The Arcade Space shooters "Chicken Invaders" 2, 3 and their Special Christmas
| Editions are available for Linux!
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2599

Mad Skills Motocross game released

,----[ Quote ]
| It can be played on Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
`----

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/50398/Mad-Skills-Motocross

Shadowgrounds: Survivor Finally Goes Gold

,----[ Quote ]
| It will be about two or three weeks until the boxed version of Shadowgrounds:
| Survivor starts shipping for Linux, but it will also be available for a
| (paid) download and for renting through LGP's rental service.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ3Ng

Games : New Lugaru Linux release

,----[ Quote ]
| Lugaru, the classic ninja rabbit fighting game known for its  melee combat,
| has just been updated by expert programmer Ryan Gordon, aka Icculus.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2600

Recent:

Quake Live at 1Ghz, 256Mb

,----[ Quote ]
| Thatâs Crux, by the way. I expected laggy performance and skipping graphics.
| But framerates are exceptionally good, although I didnât find a way to show a
| number on screen. Iâm not a huge first-person shooter fan, but itâs fun to
| try out.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/quake-live-at-1ghz-256mb/

Quake Live Updated to Support Linux and Mac Users

,----[ Quote ]
| During the QuakeCon 2009 press conference, id President Todd Hollenshead
| announced what many non-Windows computer users had been asking about for
| months. Quake Live, id software's browser based shooter, would be adding
| support for Linux and Macintosh operating system users.
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175567

42 Hot Free Linux Games (Part 3 of 3)

,----[ Quote ]