Re: ID Software Abandoning Linux...

Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
So where is Schestowitz reporting the news?

***********************

Dear Mr Carmack, I am just wondering if the graphics renderer for
Rage is still
built using OpenGL 3.* as a target? Will id still port to Linux if
user numbers are
small or not as big as say Mac OS or Windows?

Gratzi,
naikon89

The PC and Mac versions are still OpenGL 2.x.

We are not currently scheduling native linux ports.  It isn't
out of the question, but I don't think we will be able to justify the work. If there are hundreds of thousands of linux users playing Quake Live when we are done with Rage, that would certainly influence our
decision...

John Carmack

Oh yea, here is the Linux Freetards solution:

http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/irc-log-24082009.html

trmanco more people need to start playing quake live	Aug 24
21:39
trmanco	linux people	Aug 24 21:39
trmanco	or at least hit the website once a day	Aug 24 21:40
trmanco	http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1244727	Aug 24
21:40
schestowitz	Does wget count?	Aug 24 21:41
schestowitz	We could do cron jobs ;-) j/kj	Aug 24 21:41

Not a gamer so this does not interest me. Could it be that Linux users don't waste time with games and instead use their machines for productivity or could it simply be that with piracy and consoles the PC gaming market is shrinking and the only noticable userbase is with Windows...

Dual boot?  Wine?  There are other options available to anyone that cares.

Moshe for (IMO) you spend alot of time looking through IRC logs only to quote 1 or 2 lines...strange you would go to so much trouble. I would say you are fixated with Roy, but then I believe it goes far deeper than that...

I know I havent posted here for a week or so, so I expect you have much infantile abuse you wish to post now...please feel free.

--
Goblin
"I refute the claim I am one of the Linux unwashed, I take a shower once a year whether I need it or not."

Visit the blog of Goblin (Openbytes)
http://www.openbytes.wordpress.com
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/_Goblin

Or catch me on: #boycottnovell #linuxoutlaws on Freenode.net!