[News] Second Android Developer Challenge is Launched (Submissions)

Android Developer Challenge 2 open for submissions

,----[ Quote ]
| The time has come! The submission site for Android Developer Challenge 2 is
| now open. You can now submit applications for the Challenge at
| http://market.android.com/adc. Full instructions are also available on the
| site.
`----

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/08/android-developer-challenge-2-open-for.html

Asustek's Android Eee PC remains in deep freeze

,----[ Quote ]
| Several smartbooks from Pegatron were on display at Computex. The estimated
| retail price of the devices was about US$199, compared to between US$300 and
| US$400 for a comparable netbook.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/082509-asusteks-android-eee-pc-remains.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

See what Microsoft apparently did (below). Organised crime.

Recent:

Anathematising Abject, Apologetic Asus

,----[ Quote ]
| And just to insult our intelligences a little further:
|
| Â Â When asked about rumors that Asustek faced pressure from Microsoft and
| Â Â Intel over the use of Android and Snapdragon in the Eee PC, Tsang
| Â Â said "no, pressure, none."
|
| Riiiiiiiiight: no, pressure, none - perhaps he should have read his Hamlet
| (Act III, Scene II) a little more closely. If there was no pressure, why on
| earth did he apologise, making himself and his company look awkward? - it
| just doesn't make sense.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/06/anathematising-abject-apologetic-asus.html

Related:

More evidence of Microsoft "tying up" the Asus EeePC

,----[ Quote ]
| Then, one of the makers of Netbooks will release a fantastic product using
| the paid Ubuntu/Netbook Remix, which will make us all forget about the EeePC
| â or, maybe weâll remember it as one of the makers which used GNU/Linux in
| order to launch a product, and then gave in to Microsoftâs pressure.
|
| The real question is: will the next maker manage to resist Microsoftâs
| pressure? Or will everybody end up closely tied up with Microsoft?
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/more_evidence_microsoft_tying_up_the_asus_eeepc

EXCLUSIVE: ASUS Speaks on the EEE PC

,----[ Quote ]