[News] Loads of Free Software Events Surface

2009 Phoenix Call for Presentations

,----[ Quote ]
| The Arizona Business and Liberty Experience Conference (ABLEconf) is
| soliciting presentations for its second annual conference. ABLEconf will take
| place on Saturday, October 24th, 2009 at the University of Advancing
| Technology in Tempe, Arizona.
`----

http://www.ableconf.com/2009/Phoenix/cfp

OPEN WORLD FORUM UNVEILS START-UP COMPETITION

,----[ Quote ]
| Open World Forum, the leading global forum for free, libre and open source
| software (FLOSS) worldwide, announces a competition open to entrepreneurs
| looking for increased visibility in the investor community and the open
| source ecosystem.
`----

http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=49873

Zabbix is going to Open Source Monitoring Conference 2009 (Germany)

,----[ Quote ]
| This year on October 28 and 29 an Open Source monitoring conference organized
| by the company NetWays takes place in NÃrnberg, Germany. Rihards Olups,
| System analyst of Zabbix SIA, will deliver a speech about Zabbix Open Source
| Distributed Monitoring Solution titled "Introducing Zabbix".
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/zabbix-is-going-to-open-source-r1449793.htm

Libre Graphics Meeting 2010 in Brussels Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been holding onto this announcement for too long. Its already out on
| some Linux-friendly calendars, but I want to make sure all the masses know
| about it! Iâm super excited for Libre Graphics Meeting 2010 in Brussels for a
| renewed focus on content, content, content! This year, I plan to work more on
| the creative collaborative projects which will be a key part of the
| conference â think Blender Open Movie project, but between all the creative
| free and open source graphics application communities. While that surely
| wonât be executed on the scale of my Blender friendsâ project, it will be a
| good start!
`----

http://rejon.org/2009/08/libre-graphics-meeting-2010-in-brussels-announced/

OPEN SOURCE INNOVATION SUMMIT AND AWARDS

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you a Free, Libre and Open Source entrepreneur? Present your projects
| during a series of 7-minute slots to Venture Capitalists and major systems
| integrators. Get a chance to be nominated and compete for the "Open
| Innovation Awards" that will be awarded by an international jury of experts
| to the most promising businesses innovating in the Open Source sector, and
| presented during the Open World Forum closing keynote address. Benefit from
| maximum visibility and media coverage.
`----

http://openworldforum.org/program/open-innovation-summit

Recent:

Don't let the Swine Win!: Enecomp 2009, Curitiba, Brazil - September 4-8, 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Therefore it distresses me that the current hysteria around H1N1, also known
| as "Swine Flu" is jeopardizing the hard work done by students in Curitiba,
| Brazil for a conference that otherwise would be considered "world class".
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/Don-t-let-the-Swine-Win!-Enecomp-2009-Curitiba-Brazil-September-4-8-2009?blogbox

Impressions from OpenSourceWorld 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| No open source conference is complete without the healthy participation of
| dot org projects. But here at OSW they were invisible! Well almost. After
| asking around at the FreeBSD booth which was surprisingly located on the main
| show floor, I found the projects tucked away in a separate room at the back
| of the showcase hall. This (mis)placement was unfortunate and doesnât
| represent the open source world which thrives on technology from all sectors,
| commercial and non-commercial alike. Hopefully, IDG will consider having all
| exhibitors in the same area next year.
`----

http://opensourcebuzz.technetra.com/2009/08/19/impressions-from-opensourceworld-2009/

OpenSourceWorld Report