[News] Judge in SCO Case Seemingly Not Favourable to Microsoft/SCO

The Hon. Ted Stewart and the Hon. Tena Campbell

,----[ Quote ]
| Judge Campbell is an Idaho girl, which likely means she knows how to ride a
| horse and glean potatoes and enjoy a very big sky. She was educated in
| Arizona, and worked as Assistant U.S. Attorney and then Deputy County
| Attorney in the Salt Lake County Attorney's Office before entering private
| practice. So she is a Utah transplant. I must say, I like the sound of this:
|
|     A copy of all proposed orders must be directly e-mailed to Judge
|     Campbell's chambers at the following address: [PJ: email redacted].
|     Proposed orders e-mailed to chambers must be editable and submitted in
|     either WordPerfect or Microsoft Word format.
|
| At least she knows how to use email, and she's heard of WordPerfect. That's a
| start! I'm just kidding. Utah is one of the most advanced court systems as
| far as tech is concerned.
|
| Kidding aside, then, she's not only heard of WordPerfect, she seems to prefer
| it. If you download her template jury instructions for civil trials or her
| trial order, they are in WordPerfect format. A lot of lawyers love
| WordPerfect, actually. I do too. I just love the freedom of GNU/Linux, but
| WordPerfect is wonderful software, particularly for law offices, because it
| does footnotes and headers so beautifully and can see who corrected what in
| all drafts of a document.
|
| [...]
|
| If you are curious, here's Judge Kimball's bio, and as you can see, it's
| incredibly impressive, with many honors and awards and writings and
| achievements in a long and much admired career. I collected more information
| in this article way back in 2003, and you'll see why so many admire him. The
| way SCOfolk tried to smear him was, to me, one of the lowest points of this
| nauseatingly low saga, and if you noticed the appellate ruling did not follow
| their lead. It was respectful of him, although reversing in some respects on
| a point of law, one that, should anyone bother to appeal, I suspect would
| affirm Judge Kimball anyway. I admire him myself very much. I only hope he
| hasn't received the kinds of threats I get. Judges do get that sometimes.

Any Questions About the SCO Bankruptcy Hearing? I Have a Transcript

,----[ Quote ]
| The bankruptcy judge partly bought it, as you know, although he blocked the
| sale to unXis, questioning their good faith, which is of course why IBM and
| anyone would care about a sale to them, but for us, who have followed the SCO
| litigation so closely for six years now and saw SCO's malice toward Linux
| with no evidence on the table the public has ever seen, it's a wonderful
| laugh. SCO's "potent claims", indeed. What IBM and Novell "have done to SCO".
| SCO sued them, actually. And Novell prevailed totally against SCO's
| allegations of slander of title, which was what SCO sued Novell over, a claim
| which SCO humiliatingly lost. SCO is not appealing that claim. Just read it
| for yourself. Page 2 of SCO's appeal brief lists the issues on appeal, and
| SCO's claim of slander of title is not on the list.

SCO vs. Linux: SCO gets Chapter 11 trustee

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/SCO-vs-Linux-SCO-gets-Chapter-11-trustee--/news/113943