[News] Advocacy of GNU/Linux and Its Importance Stressed

Something old, new, borrowed or blue.

,----[ Quote ]
| So as you can see, all the ingredients are there for a wonderful Linux
| marriage. My wedding bells went off a long time ago and I still feel as
| though I am on my honeymoon. How is your Linux relationship? Is it your nasty
| old ex who won't let go? A romance budding in springtime fever? One of those
| on again and off again open agreements? Maybe you have your own harem of
| distributions, one for every day of the month. Linux is willing flexible and
| able to fill your every need. Tell us what you like best. A straight hookup
| or playing the field :)
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/something-old-new-borrowed-or-blue-33779

Keep Linux visible, or growth stalls

,----[ Quote ]
| Again, as I said before, it'll still grow, but why give the enemy (those
| fighting against user and software freedom) any extra time to fortify their
| positions?  The war may never see an end, but that doesn't mean I don't want
| to put this particular battle to rest soon.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/keep_linux_visible_or_growth_stalls/

Recent:

Advocating Linux in the Classroom

,----[ Quot ]
| Linux shirts, caps, etc. Just the presence of those items will make people
| more aware of its existence. And if you make a really awesome design, people
| will talk to you about it and ask what itâs all about. A conversation starter
| that could let someone know about Linux and maybe even get him/her interested
| to try it out.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/advocating-linux-in-the-classroom/

FOSS and Education: iTalc and Moodle

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre running a training center, whether it concerns distance education
| or not, you need tools to help you manage your classes and facilitate
| discussions, especially for those who are into distance education learning
| programs. Issues that need to be addressed include: course management as well
| as ensuring that the training room is managed well so that learners can focus
| on the lessons and not be distracted by other applications.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/foss-and-education-italc-and-moodle/

Recent:

Microsoft: Sorry, you can't use these vouchers to learn Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_Sorry_you_cant_use_these_vouchers_to_learn_Linux_42925097.html