[News] "Pirate" Company Microsoft Corp. "Steals" Ideas Again

Bing Commercials Infringe on Patent?

,----[ Quote ]
| Not a bad idea right? Well, that depends on who you ask, because Microsoft's
| ad agency JWT and its parent WPP are being sued over the ad. According to
| AdAge, a Delaware firm called Denizen claims to have patented this, and
| alleges that the agency has infriged upon it.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/08/28/bing-commercials-infringe-on-patent

Microsoft's Ad Agency Sued For Violating Product Placement Patent With Bing Ad

JWT, WPP Sued Over TV Advertising for Microsoft's Bing

,----[ Quote ]
| A Delaware firm has filed a lawsuit against JWT and parent WPP, claiming the
| ad agency stole its patented product-placement concept to use in a campaign
| for Bing, the new search engine from Microsoft.
`----

http://adage.com/agencynews/article?article_id=138685

Method and system for producing program-integrated commercials

http://www.google.com/patents?id=vSUWAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

The Dell amicus brief, PDF and text, HP's as PDF (i4i v. Microsoft)

,----[ Quote ]
| However, the brief has been so heavily redacted, even reading the PDF doesn't
| give you much of an idea why Dell thinks the injunction would be disruptive.
| It asks in the alternative that the time to make necessary changes be
| extended to 120 days, if the court affirms the injunction, which seems a
| reasonable request depending on the harm i4i presents and is able to
| establish. The court tries to balance the equities. Somebody is going to be
| hurt in this picture, obviously.

Court Bans Microsoft From Selling Word

,----[ Quote ]
| In the latest apparent case of the U.S. patent system run amok, Judge Leonard
| Davis of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas issued a
| permanent injunction on Tuesday preventing Microsoft from selling versions of
| Word that handle custom XML in the form of the .DOCX, .DOCM, and .XML file
| formats. Which would mean that Microsoft is now forbidden from selling Word
| 2003 or Word 2007. And since it also forbids Microsoft from testing such
| versions of Word, there would seem to be implications for Office 2010 as
| well.
`----

http://technologizer.com/2009/08/12/court-bans-microsoft-from-selling-word/

Softpatent trolls OOXML and Word