[News] 12 Seconds Too Much for Fair Use???

A&E Goes To Court To Defend Fair Use Of 12 Second Clip Of Music

,----[ Quote ]
| Avatar28 points us to a potentially interesting lawsuit over whether or not
| A&E's decision to use 12-seconds of the song Rocky Top in part of a TV show
| is fair use.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090828/0459226039.shtml

'Rocky Top' clip puts network A&E in court

,----[ Quote ]
| In court filings, A&E says the way it used the song falls within its legal
| free speech rights.
|
| A&E's arguments are not new.
`----

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090826/NEWS03/908260398/1017/NEWS/%20Rocky%20Top%20%20clip%20puts%20network%20A&E%20in%20court

Recent:

YouTube Restores A Fair Use

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's what's different about this takedown: NOM's lawyer asked YouTube to
| restore the video immediately, rather than keeping it off-line for the
| standard 10-14 business day counternotice period. And YouTube, after doing
| its own fair use analysis, agreed and obliged.
`----

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/05/youtube-restores

AP: Others Who Use Our Work For Free Are Stealing... Now Who Wants To Provide
Content To Us For Free?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090623/0405515325.shtml