[News] Party Against Intellectual Monopolies Speaks Out

The Pirate Party UK and a new frontier for filesharing

,----[ Quote ]
| As the government rethinks penalties for illegal downloaders, a new political
| party is campaigning for laws to keep pace with technology, Kevin Anderson
| talks to its leader
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/aug/26/filesharing-pirate-party-uk-downloads

Independent Film Company Responds To BERR Consultation

,----[ Quote ]
| This week the latest news in the Digital Britain debate caused a wave of
| protests as it was revealed the government is considering disconnecting
| Internet users on allegations of copyright infringement. TorrentFreak caught
| up with a British independent film company to gauge their response to the
| news.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/independent-film-company-responds-to-berr-consultation-090827/

James Murdoch is Confused

,----[ Quote ]
| Two quotations from James Murdoch's speech at the Edinburgh International
| Television Festival...
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/james-murdoch-is-seriously-confused.html

Recent:

Cor! - UK Pirate Party's Smart Move

,----[ Quote ]
| What's interesting is how tightly focussed the Pirate Party is. I think
| that's wise: otherwise it would just become another Raving Monster Loony
| Party. By restricting its message to an area that it understands, and which
| is crying out for reform, I'm sure it will benefit in the long run. It will
| also, usefully, force the other parties to frame their own responses in this
| domain.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/cor-uk-pirate-partys-smart-move.html

The Price of Justice

,----[ Quote ]
| If you believe that denying a fair trial to around 5 million people in this
| country is wrong, maybe it's time to join the Pirate Party?
`----

http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/blog/2009/aug/21/price-justice/

Pirate Party UK Officially Registered

,----[ Quote ]